Re: Problems {PEBKAC?} running mmdebstrap for 1st time

On 2019-05-27, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> That left me with the problem of telling the instance of apt being run
> internally by mmdebstrap that dvd1.iso is trusted. I unsuccessfully
> tried using the distribution DVD itself.
>
> What is the proper syntax to use dvd1.iso {preferred} or DVD in drive
> {last resort} as my repository?

I'm uncertain how mmdebstrap works exactly, but I wonder, as it can be
fed a '/etc/apt/sources.list' file, if the latter contained a line for
your in-drive dvd (via 'apt-cdrom add', for example) whether that would work
(unsure just how and when mmdebstrap updates apt's package index).

 cat /etc/apt/sources.list | mmdebstrap > stable-chroot.tar

or is it

 mmdebstrap < /etc/apt/sources.list > stable-chroot.tar

Those must be equivalent, I guess.

--
“Decisions are never really made – at best they manage to emerge, from a chaos
of peeves, whims, hallucinations and all around assholery.” – Thomas Pynchon