Re: Feasibility of running mmdebstrap under Stretch (not Buster)

Quoting Richard Owlett (2019-05-26 16:34:17)
> I was investigating using multistrap, but it has been orphaned.
> mmdebstrap apparently has the desired features of multistrap but is
> available only in Buster.
>
> I do not have the available bandwidth to install Buster.
> In Stretch perl is 5.24.1-3+deb9u5 but is 5.28.1-6 in Buster.
>
> Is it feasible to run under Stretch? How?

mmdebstrap has no tight dependencies so you should be able to simply
install the Buster package in Stretch and try use it.

Just make sure to mention clearly in eventual bugreports if you are
using the package outside its officially target suite.

There are known limitations esp. when running under fake(ch)root, but I
think that is well documented in the man page.

mmdebstrap is great!

 - Jonas