Re: Fresh run of mmdebstrap - was [Re: Problems {PEBKAC?} running mmdebstrap for 1st time]

Quoting Richard Owlett (2019-05-30 13:01:10)
> On 05/29/2019 03:04 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >
> > mmdebstrap does not take debian-installer organized data as input.
>
> According to the man page:
> [https://manpages.debian.org/testing/mmdebstrap/mmdebstrap.1.en.html]
> > In contrast to debootstrap it uses apt to resolve dependencies
> > and is thus able to use more than one mirror and resolve more
> > complex dependencies.
> AND later
> > --aptopt
> >     Pass arbitrary options to apt.
> As apt has no problem with ISOs. Why then should mmdebstrap have problem?
>
> Also note the error message.
> > E: apt-get update -oAPT::Status-Fd=<$fd> -oDpkg::Use-Pty=false failed
>
> It explicitly states "apt-get" has error.
> Therefore I need the right mmdebstrap syntax.

I think I got my point through to you now.  You clearly disagree.

I suggest you file a bugreport and discuss further with the maintainer
of the package (which is also the author of the packaged tool).

 - Jonas