[no subject]

Hello,

I have this weird situation, I can't figure out.

I can launch the Remote Desktop Viewer from the command line:

%vinagre

and it launches and is fully functional.

When I try to launch it from the "desktop icons" or the icons that are
present within gnome, i cannot.

A little bar appear on the top of the menu bar, that it is working on
opening, then nothing, closes. No window ever makes it to my X-window.

When I watch my /var/log/syslog log, I can see this error.
May 11 00:59:39 debianWorkstation vinagre-file.desktop[3290]: Missing
argument for -F

When I dig into my /home user, namely:
~/.gnome/apps/vinagre-file.desktop
I can find this line:
Exec=vinagre -F %U

So after all this digging, I can only conclude it is some type of gnome
error. Unfortunately, I don't know Gnome very well, since it has almost
always just worked as expected.

What does the %U variable mean? user?

Any tips hints or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. =)