Re: Does anyone know where chkconfig went?

On Friday 10 May 2019 11:28:41 am Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> This was an rcx.d thing that adjusted what ran in what run-level.
>
> I need to shut off all the nut stuff. Because this rt kernal didn't
> bring usbhid-ups to the party, needed to talk to my ups, my logs are
> being spammed by non-connection msgs. Several a minute. Maybe its been
> renamed between wheezy and stretch?  IDK.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Update, trying to install a homemade amanda system had some how changed
all the ownerships and perms to the /etc/nut directory, to
amandabackup:nut. Fixing that got rid of most of the launching errors.
Then I ran an lsusb and didn't see it. Moving the cable to a different
usb socket on the breakouts fixed that. Restarted all the nut related
stuff and now a upsc myups works but spits out this advisory at the top
of the report, that I'm hoping maybe someone has a clue about:
root@coyote:init.d$ upsc myups
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 100 yadda yadda from the ups.

Anybody have a clue about the init warning??

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)