Re: pmount could perhaps be of greater utility?

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 10:12:10AM +1000, David wrote:
> Maybe you would enjoy answering this question then?
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-bash/2019-05/msg00000.html
>
> Because apparently no-one else has, hehe :D

You didn't like my answer?

(The OP clarified in a subsequent post that (s)he is trying to implement
syntax highlighting for some kind of text editor.  (S)he wants to support
the behavior of this ridiculous code just in case some foolish end
user writes it.  (S)he's not actually writing a script.  For people who
*are* actually writing scripts, the solution is exactly as I described.)