Re: pmount could perhaps be of greater utility?

Quoting Erik Christiansen (2019-05-04 08:43:53)
> >From the pmount manpage for stretch:
>
> »
>  pmount device [ label ]
>
>  This will mount device to a directory below /media if policy is met
>  (see below). If  label is given, the mount point will be /media/label,
>  otherwise it will be /media/device.
> «
>
>  There doesn't seem to be an option for pmount to mount at
>  /media/label_read_from_the_media
>
>  To provide that convenient automation, I use:
>
>  $ which lmount
>  lmount is a function
>  lmount ()
>  {
>      pmount $1 `e2label $1`
>  }

I recommend to install package shellcheck and run "shellcheck lmount".

>  Is it worth adding a pmount option to provide that simple but useful
>  convenience for general consumption?

I don't personally use pmount since some years, but that sure sounds
like a nice suggestion: Please consider filing as a bugreport against
pmount with severity "wishlist".

More info at https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

 - Jonas