Re: pmount could perhaps be of greater utility?

On Sat, May 04, 2019 at 01:48:01PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Erik Christiansen (2019-05-04 08:43:53)
> >  $ which lmount
> >  lmount is a function
> >  lmount ()
> >  {
> >      pmount $1 `e2label $1`
> >  }
>
> I recommend to install package shellcheck and run "shellcheck lmount".

My initial reaction was similar, but he might not be using a regular
shell.  At the very least, his "which" command is not the standard
which(1) utility, because that wouldn't know about shell functions.

So, either he isn't in bash/ksh/dash, or his "which" command has been
overridden with a function or alias.  (On the other hand, his output
from "which" looks identical to bash's "type" output.  So maybe he
did something like alias which=type.)

At the end of the day, if this is supposed to be a bash function, it
has three quoting errors, and is using the ancient deprecated command
substitution syntax (which will work in this case, but is not a good
habit).