Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

On Sunday 05 May 2019 12:56:27 pm Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> So web page in the sig is dark.
>
> Stretch install, from a custom iso the LCNC folks are testing, but the
> apache2 install was all pulled in with synaptic.  No errors.
>
> As root;
>
> Service apache2 start, gets this from systemctl:
>
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: apache2: Syntax error on line
> 204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1
> of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: Cannot
> load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_default.so
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: Action 'start' failed.
>
> And indeed, there is no such module in that directory.  Fix??
>
> Thanks all;
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Well, I got that working, but some links are forbidden now. I suspect
some perms got bollixed in copying from the old drive.  I need to do
some maintenance anyway, so thats for later fine tuning and updateing,
which it sorely needs anyway. But at least you can see our ancient mugs
at the link in the sig.

Now to a different kettle of fish, amanda, the backup proggy.  But thats
going to need some naproxin sodium to sort, it won't build on stretch.
And its been sold to betsol, who has hidden the gpl code behind a
paywall. Wish me good luck, this sale caught all the users by surprise.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)