Re: firefox > Preferences > When Firefox starts.

On Tue 23 Apr 2019 at 15:53:50 (-0000), Curt wrote:
> On 2019-04-23, der.hans <deb-user@LuftHans.com> wrote:
> >
> > I use different Firefox profiles for banking to improve isolation, so at
> > least they won't be attacked by a retailers tab.
> >
> > I'm experimenting with Firefox containers for the isolation.

What experiments have you devised? How do you define "isolation",
and what are the criteria by which you judge whether their scheme
is succeeding or not?

> Looks interesting. I've just enabled it in 'about:config'
>
>  privacy.userContext.enabled       true
>
> I now have a contextual menu entry "Reopen in Container" when
> left-clicking on a tab, which lists the four default containers. The
> wiki doesn't explain the difference between these pre-defined
> containers, though (Home, Work, Banking, and Shopping) or whether you
> can create your own (apparently "custom" containers is a future option).
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Contextual_Identity_Project/Containers

I can see some usefulness in having separate bookmarks and histories,
particularly the latter as it's not easy to classify in the same way
as bookmarks with its submenus. But I see only convenience, not
security.

Cheers,
David.