Re: firefox > Preferences > When Firefox starts.

    From: David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
    Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:13:11 -0500
> I run two instances of FF, one as me (for banking etc) and one as
> another user (for browsing).

Interesting.  Thanks.  For banking & etc. you have a dedicated user id
and login?

Drifting off the subject, but the banking I use invokes javascript. I
would have thought that unnecessary.  Should be possible to accomplish
the results with processing on the server and HTML5 on the client.
Technology bloat?

> I just checked out clean shutdowns and restarts with my own
> instance of FF and it's all OK.

OK, thanks.  The complaint at firefox startup here is probably only
following a crash of firefox.   Curt's suggestion to set
browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes to 0 seems appropriate.

> Does the behaviour reported in your OP cause you *great* concern?

No.  Just wastes time.  Opening a simple local HTML home page requires
roughly a minute rather than roughly a second.

> I tried Opera on a slow laptop ...

Thanks for mentioning that.

Regards,                   ... Peter E.

--
Message composed and transmitted by software designed to avoid the
complication and vulnerability of antivirus software.