Re: firefox > Preferences > When Firefox starts.

Am 22. Apr, 2019 schwätzte Greg Wooledge so:

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 08:30:53PM -0700, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
Drifting off the subject, but the banking I use invokes javascript. I
would have thought that unnecessary.  Should be possible to accomplish
the results with processing on the server and HTML5 on the client.
Technology bloat?

It has been my experience that the more IMPORTANT a web site is
(government, bank, insurance, etc.), the WORSE it is.

Eventually I got to the point where I simply GAVE UP trying to use any
important web sites under Firefox + NoScript.  Even if I allowed all

Have you tried uMatrix? I love NoScript, but uMatrix also handles cookies
and has an easier to use UI.

the dozens of foreign Javascript domains that each web page relied on,
it would still fail due to <https://noscript.net/abe/> violations.

uMatrix doesn't have ABE. I don't know about CSRF attack protection, etc.

I am certain that rejecting 3rd party JavaScript and cookies reduces
tracking and attack surface.

Your dream of a banking site that uses competent, non-broken web technology
is going to have to remain a dream, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately :(.

I use different Firefox profiles for banking to improve isolation, so at
least they won't be attacked by a retailers tab.

I'm experimenting with Firefox containers for the isolation.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "Eternal vigilance is not only the price of liberty;