Re: A call to drop gnome

Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> songbird wrote:
>
>>    what?  synaptic is a GUI interface to package installation
>> and removal.  why should this block anything?  dpkg and apt
>> do those tasks just fine in a terminal.  i only used synaptic
>> in the past to get a quick access to lists of files installed
>> and locations which i now get another way.  it certainly isn't
>> a requirement...
>

> Synaptic is able to install different versions of packages, allowing a
> Disabled User who is not a keyboard jockey to test Debian release's and
> a lot more.  But I no longer care because it hurts to care, Deb has been
> raped and will never be mentally or usably the same and Microsoft is
> happy, I'm glad someone is happy.

  i'm sorry your experience isn't what you'd like but i
don't understand your language or what you are talking
about.

  i can install or remove different versions of packages
or do installs of different versions of debian in
different partitions or using virtual machines (but i've
not had to do this as of yet).  this has nothing to do
with synaptic or being a "keyboard jockey" (whatever
that means).

  if you can type a message as you've done above you
can type package names on a command line and you can
specify different versions to apt or apt-get or dpkg.
the learning curve isn't impossible.

  songbird