Re: A call to drop gnome

On 4/17/19 5:57 AM, songbird wrote:

   what?  synaptic is a GUI interface to package installation
and removal.  why should this block anything?  dpkg and apt
do those tasks just fine in a terminal.  i only used synaptic
in the past to get a quick access to lists of files installed
and locations which i now get another way.  it certainly isn't
a requirement...

Synaptic is able to install different versions of packages, allowing a Disabled User who is not a keyboard jockey to test Debian release's and a lot more. But I no longer care because it hurts to care, Deb has been raped and will never be mentally or usably the same and Microsoft is happy, I'm glad someone is happy.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Current - KDE - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda11
Registered Linux User #380263