Re: Accessing a host with variable IP addresses / connection types

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 10:00:28AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
Can you point me to such documenation? You've said that it's a trivial,
straightforward change: what, exactly, do I do to start using IPv6?

Find an IPv6 provider. There's not much debian can document about that. Alternatively, for internal-only stuff, you can use ULAs. IPv6 autoconfiguration is generally handled at the router, which is still generally not a debian documentation question. Once you have something on the network advertising the local prefix then your debian systems will either autoconfigure or can be configured to do so fairly trivially (add an "inet6 auto" line in /etc/network/interfaces for the appropriate interface or click the corresponding button for other configuration mechanisms). But mostly this isn't a debian-specific question.