Re: Accessing a host with variable IP addresses / connection types

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 08:50:17 -0400
Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 08:45:50PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> >You make it sound like it's a trivial, straightforward change. Is it?
>
> Pretty much.

> >Will all my applications work correctly over IPv6 without much work?
>
> Unless you've written something yourself (badly) IPv6 has "just worked"
> in debian for many, many years.

Thanks. But you've snipped the last part of my message:

> Will all my applications work correctly over IPv6 without much work? Is
> there clear documentation, suitable for a non-expert, explaining how to
> transition a Debian system to IPv6? [The Debian Wiki page doesn't seem
> that comprehensive.]>

Can you point me to such documenation? You've said that it's a trivial,
straightforward change: what, exactly, do I do to start using IPv6?

Celejar