Re: A call to drop gnome

Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> writes:

> 	Hi.
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 04:54:02PM +1000, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
>> On 15/4/19 9:31 pm, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:> Because GNOME. GNOME's upstream
>> said their word loud and clear, and that
>> > word is - 'thou shall use Wayland for it is our favorite toy now'.
>
> I wrote it, in reply to Thomas e-mail. Please watch who you quote.
>

>> Now Tomas quips about gnome is insisting that we like a new video process,
>> just because the team have decided to like it lots.
>
> No. What I wrote that for several years you had the possibility to run
> GNOME on Wayland. And it will be the default in the next stable Debian.
> Because (and here you're correct) - upstream wants that everyone use the
> GNOME that way.

Wayland as default will be by and large OK as far as GNOME is concerned
IMO from the 2 years i've ran it as default. The last few gnome releases
are very solid. Waylands real problem is the DE/OS devs love it but
users and apparently most app devs couldn't care less.

--
Regards.........

PGP Fingerprint: 3DF8 311C 4740 B5BC 3867  72DF 1050 452F 9BCE BA00