Re: A call to drop gnome

	Hi.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:54:06AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> Like, for example, fvwm has an installed-size of
> about 6.5 megabytes.  How big is GNOME?  I wouldn't be surprised if it's
> two orders of magnitude larger than that, just for its "core" components,
> not counting a bunch of games or whatever else can be added on.

# apt install -o APT::Install-Recommends=0 gnome-core
Need to get 187 MB of archives.
After this operation, 654 MB of additional disk space will be used.

I'd say that your estimate hit bullseye.

And adding the bells and whistles, it's four orders of magnitude of your
fvwm install:

# apt install -o APT::Install-Recommends=1 -o APT::Install-Suggests=1 gnome
Need to get 5,260 MB of archives.
After this operation, 18.4 GB of additional disk space will be used.

Reco