Re: A call to drop gnome

>> Add one more reason to use X.

R> My main reason to continue to use X in buster. I got used to my
R> openbox setup.

Same here. Switched to WindoMaker in 1996 because we had only 256
colors available and it could "render many color using a little number
of elements in a colormap" by doing what pointillist painters did with
the few allowed colors. Maybe younger users never experienced some
strange effects we had when some programs, like netscape, resorted to
use a special colormap, WindowMaker reduced these things a lot
allowing you to have a colorful desktop.

One of the demo color theme was "Rainbow", and it was possible to use
it without overloading the standard colormap. I still use that color
theme, even if I have to recreate it.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO

P.S.
And now instead of a single daemon we have a herd of daemons.