Re: New laptop: need advice on choice of file system types

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 01:38:12PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
Both DFSee and IBM
BM use the last sector on the first track for data storage, including useful
cataloging data. Even when not having IBM BM installed, its data sector is
(optionally) used by DFSee, by me, always.

So I gather that you believe DFSee (or some functionality of DFSee that you
rely upon) is incompatible with LVM. But I didn't understand this particular
point about the last sector on the first track… is that a region of a physical
drive prior to the first physical partition (assuming an MBR partitioning
scheme)? This alone would not prevent you using LVM, which one would typically
layer on top of traditional partitions.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland