Re: Cannot re-install synaptic on Buster.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:42:19AM +0300, Reco wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 09:14:30AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > Or just ditch Wayland (/me runs for cover ;-)

This was admittedly a bit provocative -- no offense intended.

> A short-term solution at best, although I'll avoid Wayland in buster.

Why do you think it is a short term solution?

> Tried the thing, did not like all two 'window managers' from the main
> archive that come with the Wayland.

This is more or less my situation. After a detour through Gnome I
finally came back to fvwm, and glad I did.

I deeply dislike the Wayland approach and hope I die of old age
before I have to switch.

Cheers
-- t