Re: New dual boot laptop: Best file system for a USB live image for installation?

David Wright wrote:

> Your figures are virtually meaningless without any sort of breakdown
> even into what's system and what's your documents.

yeah yeah ... use your imagination. Sqldeveloper, couple of virtual
machines, some installation packages each of which is 1-2GB and so one
Software for testing and such to be tested ... oracle DB installer ... all
kind of crap.
The point is if you want to work with this, you need more space and 120G
might be simply not enough.

> And mention of cygwin merely clouds the issue: you say you just need a
> decent shell, and a minimal installation will give you that. OTOH, a
> full implementation is a completely different kettle of fish, and I
> hazard that most linux users won't be interested in it at all.

you do not know what exactly I installed, but I installed not only minimal
shell, but X as well - no need to explain why ... it just adds to what is
already there.