Re: New dual boot laptop: Best file system for a USB live image for installation?

David Wright wrote:

> We have a laptop that was used with windows for just under four
> years. Main applications are Office for excel/word/powerpoint,
> Outlook for email, Coreldraw for publication figures. Disk usage
> is approximately 90GB, of which the user's own files are 45GB,
> in a partition of 175GB. The partition was originally 423GB,
> but I carved the space for my linux system out of it.

on the company notebook I am still on windows 7. the disk is 250GB with more
applications than office and many documents, diagrams etc it is now at
~170GB

so you see 120 is not that much for windows.

At home I have a virtual machine with windows7 where I run visio mostly but
have the data on the share. I had to increase disk to 70GB recently after
seriously cleaning up.

I need to use that crap for money making ... oh and part of this 170GB is
occupied by cygwin cause you need a more or less decent shell if you have
to work with servers.

regards