Re: New dual boot laptop: Best file system for a USB live image for installation?

On Fri 12 Apr 2019 at 10:05:58 (+0200), deloptes wrote:
> Felix Miata wrote:
>
> >> No Win10 will not be happy with 120GB - better take 300GB from the large
> >> disk for windows and the rest for data linux, windows or both
> >
> > I limit Win10 system partitions to 48GB, and disable paging.
>
> You always want to arge - but tell me how many applications or how much work
> you did and for what time span - what is the grow rate of your windows 10
> partition when using it on daily bases

We have a laptop that was used with windows for just under four
years. Main applications are Office for excel/word/powerpoint,
Outlook for email, Coreldraw for publication figures. Disk usage
is approximately 90GB, of which the user's own files are 45GB,
in a partition of 175GB. The partition was originally 423GB,
but I carved the space for my linux system out of it.

Cheers,
David.