Re: New dual boot laptop: Best file system for a USB live image for installation?

deloptes composed on 2019-04-12 10:05 (UTC+0200):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>>> No Win10 will not be happy with 120GB - better take 300GB from the large
>>> disk for windows and the rest for data linux, windows or both

>> I limit Win10 system partitions to 48GB, and disable paging.

> You always want to arge - but tell me how many applications or how much work
> you did and for what time span - what is the grow rate of your windows 10
> partition when using it on daily bases

Junk accumulates according to the amount of space available for it to fill.

I've never used any version of Windows on a daily basis. It gets used only when
necessary. I'm a FOSS user. I drag the System Restore slider all the way to the
left, 2GB or so. There's no way for me to answer your "grow rate" question. YMMV.

>From https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-specifications:

"Hard drive space: 	16 GB for 32-bit OS 32 GB for 64-bit OS"

## openSUSE 15.0 connected to my TV
# df -h (redacted)
Size  Used Avail Use% Usage
252M   20K  252M   1% WinBoot