Re: terminal with right-click = paste?

On 4/11/19, Peter Wiersig wrote:
> Lee writes:
>>
>> But again.. wow.  And not in a good way.  Install putty on debian, run
>> putty, right click on the putty menu bar (title bar?) and the menu is
>> lacking _anything_ to do with how putty behaves.
>
> I never tried PuTTY on linux, but I also grew up with X so middle mouse
> paste is my default operandus.
>
> Under Windows the menu is also available with Ctrl-Rightclick in PuTTY,
> maybe that behaves the same?

Yes, as I found out a short while ago, both ctrl-leftclick and
ctrl-rightclick _inside_ the putty window opens up a putty menu.

> Under Linux a right click on the titlebar is window manager dependant
> behaviour (same as with windows, but PuTTY hooks into MS API).
>
>> Not being able to change things on the fly with the
>> debian version of putty is .. disappointing at best.
>
> I only saw screenshots of linux PuTTY but the settings menu was featured
> in the Gnome Desktop screenshot.

Yes, it's there.  It's a fail on my part - I use the keyboard or I use
the mouse.  I haven't held a key down while clicking the mouse in such
a long time that it didn't even occur to me to try holding down
ctrl/alt/shift keys while clicking inside the putty window

Thanks,
Lee