Re: terminal with right-click = paste?

On 4/10/19, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Lee wrote:
>> On 4/10/19, Peter Wiersig  wrote:
>> > Lee writes:
>> >
>> > Package: putty (0.67-3+deb9u1)
>> > Telnet/SSH client for X
>> >
>> > https://packages.debian.org/stretch/putty
>>
>> Now there's a blast from the past!  I used to love putty but $WORK
>> decided using it was a no-no.  In any case,
>> https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
>>  2019-03-16 PuTTY 0.71 released
>> PuTTY 0.71, released today, includes a large number of security fixes,
>> many of which were found by the recent EU-funded HackerOne bug bounty.
>>
>> How does one tell if putty (0.67-3+deb9u1) has all the security fixes
>> that are in 0.71?
>
> Excellent question.
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=all&searchon=names&keywords=putty
>
> can send you to
>
> https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/p/putty/putty_0.67-3+deb9u1_changelog
>
> which has this as the most recent entry:
>
> putty (0.67-3+deb9u1) stretch-security; urgency=high
>
>   * Backport security fixes from 0.71:
    <.. snip ..>

Cool - I'll try to remember to check the changelog in the future.

But again.. wow.  And not in a good way.  Install putty on debian, run
putty, right click on the putty menu bar (title bar?) and the menu is
lacking _anything_ to do with how putty behaves.

Install putty on windows, run putty, right click on the putty menu bar
& there's a 'Change Settings' option that lets me change the font or
font size on the fly, colors, cursor, window size, enable/disable
logging, etc.  Not being able to change things on the fly with the
debian version of putty is .. disappointing at best.

Lee