Re: terminal with right-click = paste?

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 11:20:31PM -0400, Lee wrote:

[...]

> That's something I would have never guessed.  Hold down the <ctrl> key
> + right click and hold _inside_ the xterm window and I get a menu that
> lets me select "large" as a font size.  So at least the xterm window
> contents are readable now.
>
> No option to save that setting, but still.. progress, so thank you!

Xterm is configured via X resources. Their defaults live in files,
one system-wide and one per-user. The system-wide resources typically
live in the /etc/X11/Xresources directory, one file for each application,
the user-specific ones, which override the system-wide ones typically live
in your home directory, in one file, ~/.Xresources.

The idea is that the distribution and the sysadmin set the baseline and
each user can change those things which don't fit for her.

The Arch Linux wiki [1] has, as often, a pretty good overview for that,
with links for specific Xterm examples.

I set my preferred Xterm putting this in my .Xresources (NOTE: leading
space here for clarity -- remove that!

  *VT100.faceName:        Liberation Sans Mono
  *VT100.faceSize:        8
  *VT100.faceSize1:       3
  *VT100.faceSize2:       5
  *VT100.faceSize3:       8
  *VT100.faceSize4:       10
  *VT100.faceSize5:       14
  *VT100.faceSize6:       20

Thus you can set the sizes of all fonts offered to you in that menu
("unreadable", "tiny" ... "huge").

Note also that the sizes given here might be a tad too small for you:
I'm a bit myopic myself :-D

Cheers

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X_resources

-- t