Re: 'synaptic' removed from buster

On 2019-04-06, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:

> If synaptic, as somebody else has mentioned, helps with more complicated
> upgrades (where maybe lots of packages have to be removed and then (I hope)
> reinstalled, I might give synaptic a try.

So as far as GUI package managers go in Debian, there's synaptic (APT
front-end), apper, and gnome-packagekit, the latter two being front-ends
to packagekit, a daemon, which is a front-end itself (back-ended by
APTcc in Debian, though actually agnostic distribution-wise and
therefore back-end-wise, too, I guess)?