Re: Archival of Jessie: where did jessie-updates went ?

Le mar. 26 mars 2019 à 13:45, Pierre Fourès <pierre.foures@gmail.com> a écrit :

> My current /etc/apt/sources.list looks like this :
> > deb http://http.debian.net/debian jessie main
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main
> > deb http://archive.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main
>
> It now just feel strange to have the main source on http.debian.net
> and the backports on http://archive.debian.org. I guess I will update
> my two-stage procedure to converge in order to grab everything from
> the archive. Or would it be advisable to still grab the non-backports
> packages from the mirrors ? I ponder this both 1/ not to add avoidable
> load to the archive server (who could be handled throught the mirrors
> network), 2/ speed and bandwidth wise regarding the reinstallation of
> my instances. What would be recommanded ?

Here is my follow up to relate that I eventually took a decision on
this particular point. I will still keep http.debian.net for the
stable source of jessie as it is still active (as maintained in the
LTS), while using archive.debian.org for the backports in order to
emphasize the backports are archived and not maintained anymore.
Thankfully, I don't use the backports on every instances of jessie
currently running and this will help me prioritize which of them
should be upgraded first to stretch. This will look odd, but for a
good reason.