Re: Archival of Jessie: where did jessie-updates went ?

Thanks Curt,

Yauhen answered me an exemple who helped me spot a typo I made. The
archive shouldn't point at debian.net/ but at debian.org/, like
clearly mentionned in [1]. Doing so fixes both the "503 Service
Unavailable" error and the requirement to install the
apt-transport-https package. I thus could successfully reinstall my
Jessie instance. The backports works as expected (when well
configured).

Yauhen complete answer should soon appears on debian-user@ (he sent it
to me first by mistake, then re-sent it to the list). I copy paste him
in the meantime. He add something important to make all works. If not
set, apt-get still doesn't want to load the backports repository. I
wonder if it's meant to be a temporary fix or not ?

> The last one is actually expired. To work around it, you can create file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10no--check-valid-until with the following content:
> Acquire::Check-Valid-Until "0";

It now just feel strange to have the main source on http.debian.net
and the backports on http://archive.debian.org. I guess I will update
my two-stage procedure to converge in order to grab everything from
the archive. Or would it be advisable to still grab the non-backports
packages from the mirrors ? I ponder this both 1/ not to add avoidable
load to the archive server (who could be handled throught the mirrors
network), 2/ speed and bandwidth wise regarding the reinstallation of
my instances. What would be recommanded ?

My current /etc/apt/sources.list looks like this :
> deb http://http.debian.net/debian jessie main
> deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main
> deb http://archive.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main

Pierre.