Re: text editors

JH> In fact, much of what we now know as Emacs *is* extensions written
JH> in Elisp and many more extensions are available.

Emacs is written mostly in Elisp. What is not in lisp, AFAIK, is the
interpreter and the most used and heavy functions.

JH> You no more need
JH> to know Elisp to use them or to install additional ones than you
JH> need to know C to use Vim.

Perfect!

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO