Re: text editors

On Thu 28 Mar 2019 at 07:51:53 (+0100), deloptes wrote:
> John Hasler wrote:
>
> > Not true.

for? I switched years ago to ne."]

> really, I did not know that you could be me and you knew my experience.
> Anyway emacs is not bad for those who know it, but it is impractical because
> you have mostly vim installed, so learning vim is a must indeed.
>
> If you use debian I recommend learning ne - a great editor unfortunately not
> installed by default.

Please, if you're going to criticise someone's comment, include their
comment in your quoting.

If you think that it requires being you or knowing your experience to
judge the statement "learning emacs means learning lisp", then it's
likely that you don't understand what the word "means" means when used
like that.

So we're left wondering why you've stated that learning emacs
necessarily involves learning lisp, either beforehand or at the
same time. I've been using, and learning, emacs for over two
decades and I have no knowledge of lisp other than
. it's used to implement emacs,
. there are lots of dialects,
. it uses lots and lots of parentheses.

Cheers,