Re: Atril documentation problems

On Thu 28 Feb 2019 at 10:42:03 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 02/28/2019 09:51 AM, David Wright wrote:

> > > Although the man page states "You can also start xpdf without opening
> > > any files", there is not a *convenient* way to select a file to open
> > > [requires opening a sequence of multiple dialogs].
> >
> > Right click and Open lies under the cursor. Standard dialogue box.
> > I'm not sure where your "multiple dialogs" come from; perhaps your
> > desktop is doing something.
>
> I have gotten use to clicking on a directory to go down to next level.
> But xpdf expects you to click "Open" button to go down a level
> followed by choosing "Open" again in the dialogue box.

Doesn't your mouse do DoubleClick?

> You can skip that by entering the complete path in the "Selection" box.
> It fundamentally has a command line orientation with GUI as an extra.

Eh? You can bind keystrokes to a large number of commands (there are
defaults configured). Similarly it supports myriad-buttoned mice which
you can configure. The wheel scrolls both in pages and in dialogue boxes.
And there's the aforementioned Right click menu.

> I used to be command-line oriented (started with CPM-80) but spent to[o]
> many decades with Windows(tm).

I thought the above was fundamentally how 'doze worked.

Cheers,
David.