Re: Atril documentation problems

On 02/27/2019 03:26 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Wed 27 Feb 2019 at 11:56:57 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:

Is there a Debian package to read a PDF using a visible means of
highlighting the target text and capable of starting the search on any
page of the document?

Xpdf does that. Black on white. It starts each search from the
previous one. It restarts a search at the top of the page you're on
when you do things like select text, change the zoom factor, and
so on.

The jessie version was broken wrt some keystrokes but all is well
in stretch. I don't think it handles passwords, nor certain font
configurations like Chase credit card statements.

Synaptic does not give a valid URL for "Visit Homepage".
I found [https://www.xpdfreader.com/] which I assume is correct.
It is apparently more powerful than I was thinking of.
I'll explore it later.
Thanks.