Re: What to do about spam in debian-user [was: Your Password Reset Link from CorrLinks]

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 08:40:28 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> > > This _might_ be a good idea, if that address took forwards.
> >
> > Forwarding and bouncing are completely different operations.  If you
> > aren't using mutt/neomutt and don't have a literal bounce feature,
> > then please just ignore this part.
>
> I am not using mutt. TDE version of kmail. And I'd point out that the
> threat of a list unsubscribe is blamed on a "bounce". That specific
> word.
>
> And as far as I know, fetchmail has no ability/facility to bounce a
> message. Fetchmail-6.3.26 IIRC. Locally built from tarball.

'Bouncing' a message is typically done by a MUA (Kmail, in your case),
not the MDA (fetchmail, in your case). Other MUAs besides mutt/neomutt
do have 'bounce' options (although they may not always be called that),
e.g., in Sylpheed, it's Message -> Redirect.

Celejar