Re: Why /usr/sbin is not in my root $PATH ?

On 2/21/19 10:15 AM, Reco wrote:

> It's not the first time Debian project chose to do exactly the same
> others did for decades.

Can you say Ptolemy? He (and his followers) did exactly the same he did
for centuries.

Another Busterism, BTW: ping now requires root privileges. It does on my
computer, anyway. Maybe I made a mistake when I installed -- somebody
sure did.

The idea of putting sbin, etc. (and looking at who has execute) in my
user path is becoming more and more attractive.

Who needs Unix? OS360 and msdos and CP/M did the job for decades...

--
Glenn English