Re: Why /usr/sbin is not in my root $PATH ?

Well, for those who are interested, I've added some information to
<https://wiki.debian.org/NewInBuster>.  I'm trusting that the
ALWAYS_SET_PATH thing from that random web page was actually correct,
because verification would take a lot of work.  It's a wiki, so someone
else can correct it if it's wrong.

When I linked to EnvironmentVariables I also found a section at the
end of *that* page which describes the current behavior of su, so I
updated that page slightly as well.

I can't even begin to guess how many places assume the current su
behavior or how difficult it will be to find and change them all.