Re: Why /usr/sbin is not in my root $PATH ?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 04:14:53PM +0000, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
> You could point them to StackExchange in the meantime.  (-:
>
> * https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/460769/5132

On that page:
> Doing plain 'su' is a really bad idea for many reasons,

Name one!  Seriously, what kind of inane statement is that?

> If you want to restore behaviour more similar to the previous one you can
> add 'ALWAYS_SET_PATH yes' in /etc/login.defs.

OK, I'll just go to Debian's online man pages and find the buster
man page for su (or login.defs) to find out what that is...

... hey, where's the buster man pages?

Oh, lovely.  There aren't any.  So I'd have to extract the man page out
of a buster .deb by hand, or actually RUN buster, to find out how to
document the changes in buster and how to work around them.

*sigh* ... it's going to be one of *those* upgrades, isn't it.