Re: trying to install Debian encrypted in an existed partition, keeping the rest as it is ...

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 07:45:40AM -0500, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  I got one of those office computers I would like to recycle. It has a
> fat16 (as /dev/sda1) partition with some manufacturer’s selftests
> which I would like to keep. So, I wiped the rest of the other two
> partitions to install Debian encrypted, however I can’t make sense of
> the questions I am being asked and I can’t go passed that installation
> step.
>
>  I could imagine I am not the only one who has tried to do something
> like that before. It seems the Debian encrypted installation gets a
> bit "temperamental" about partitions. Why would that be? Could you
> point me to a link explaining the installation procedures step by step
> when you need to keep a previous partition?
>
>  I will post here how did I work myself out of that situation. Once I
> manage to do so.
>
>  lbrtchx

I used the following two documents sometime ago to perform a similar
install. Hopefully, they will be of some help to you too.

https://xo.tc/setting-up-full-disk-encryption-on-debian-9-stretch.html

https://gist.github.com/ppmathis/ccfbfce86484dc61834c1f17568d7b80

--
Nitebirdz