Re: OT: HDD Adapter for fujitsu Server 2,5" to 3,5"

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 18:29:39 +0100
basti <mailinglist@unix-solution.de> wrote:

> Hallo,
> we have some Fujitsu TX 150 Server with 3,5" HDD and want to install
> SSD's (2,5"). We are looking for an adapter usable for HDD Caddy
> FSC A3C40056861 or A3C40032808.
>
> All I have found is an Howto to glue the SSD into the A3C40056861 but
> I think it's not an good idea if I must change the SSD for some
> reason.
>
> I don't want to have extra electrical parts inside of the adapter and
> between the backplane and the ssd if possible.
>
> Are there any experience with this?

Yes, I bought an adaptor plate recently on Ebay but it wasn't anywhere
near right, I had to cut and drill a bit of aluminium to attach to it
to make it all fit. I had the impression from the advertisement that
they were 'standard'.

--
Joe