Re: Formatting a 32G or 16G SD card?

On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 09:30:34AM +0000, Joe wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 10:20:51 +0100
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

[...]

> > Actually most of my USB sticks have no partition table, just one
> > filesystem on them. Scares the hell out of MACs and Windows boxes :-)
> >

> The problem with those is that they *nearly* work on an OS which doesn't
> understand them. Just well enough to cause trouble...

My experience is that the OS considers them as "unformatted" and offers
to "format" them. Perhaps an advanced Windows or Mac user can push their
OSes beyond that, but I haven't met many advanced users for those systems.

Just don't hand out anything with data on it you can't recover...

Cheers
-- t