Re: How to ensure that old kernel does not get removed

On 05/01/2019 11.19, Reco wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 11:16:23AM +0100, hdv@gmail wrote:
>> On 05/01/2019 08.52, Reco wrote:
>>> 	Hi.

>>> Do not uninstall this version of kernel, simple as that.
>>> Invoke this to be sure:
>>>
>>> apt-mark hold linux-image-4.18.0-2-amd64
>>
>> Aha, apt-mark. I didn't know about that one. I am gonna read up on it. Thanks
>> for helping!
>>
>> I reccon that not removing this kernel will also make sure it stays in the boot
>> menu of grub?
>
> /etc/grub.d/10_linux should process all kernels that are found in /boot.
> So yes, it should.

Hi Reco,

apt-mark was exactly what I needed. It seems I haven't kept my Debian fuu up to
date, as I had never seen and thus used apt-mark. Shame on me. I am gonna have
to read up on the apt family of commands to keep with the program!

Thanks again!

Grx HdV