Re: Fwd: Upgrade Problem

deloptes (12019-01-04):
> So I was thinking perhaps this is good for the economy, because if most of
> the users were like me, there wouldn't be any economic growth in the past
> years.

It really is not, because the resources invested in the old computer are
wasted (unless somebody gets it and recycles it). It is the same scheme
than in Chaplin's _The Kid_: breaking a window to let a glazier sell a
new one.

Alas, the idiotic way most people evaluate the economy, the GDP, often
makes it seem that kind of thing is good. But according to the GDP,
being stuck in traffic is good for the economy.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George