Re: Fwd: Upgrade Problem

On Thursday 03 January 2019 15:36:33 Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> On 01/03/2019 03:31 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> > Stephen P. Molnar (2019-01-03):
> >> Thank you for your helpful comment.  Unfortunately. I am an
> >> Organioc Chemist, not an IT person. Therefore, I am only a user.
> >
> > Then ask your sysadmin.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> I have no sysadmin.

Sorry to sound high and mighty, which I'm a far cry from, but if you
don't have such a person in your organization, be willing to prepare
yourself to be able to do that job. In this case, I hate to sound like
an ass, but perhaps a re-install is in the future, doing the reinstall
to a new drive so that later you may stand a chance of recovering
valueable work from this drive, and by paying particular attention to
whether your hardware is 32 bit or 64 bit.

I suspect you got into this situation by trying to install a 32 bit main
system library on a 64 bit system, or more likely, a 64 bit main system
library on a 32 bit system that does understand 32 bit stuff most of the
time.

In either case there could be binary commands your cpu doesn't grok in
the library. So again, your best bet is probably a re-install.

And be more willing to become that IT person. Those of us that can help,
will try, but you've got to be willing to state exactly how you arrived
at this apparent impass.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)