Re: Why choose Debian on server

Joe wrote:

> I didn't say there would be problems, just that there would not
> normally be a need. The overlap between my workstation's software and
> that of my server is fairly small, largely because the server doesn't
> have a GUI, and most of my workstation software is graphical.
>
> That's another point in favour of Debian for servers, there is no
> assumption that a GUI will be used. I believe RH uses graphical admin
> software, as of course does Windows.

well I use to start vnc and run there this and that, that would require GUI
or whatever. I usually need it to run VMWare that I can not run headless,
but Gimp would fit in if needed. Unfortunately I am not heavy Gimp user.

To keep the gui footprint low I use icewm. I don't see a problem with it.

regards