Why choose Debian on server

Hi list,
I'm new to this list and I'm choosing the right distribution for server needs. I hope that I'm not OT and don't want start a flame. I'm evaluating the possibility to switch on debian so I hope you will give your experiences about this topic.

At the moment I'm using CentOS 7 on server and workstation but very old software, add third repos for get some software, use unmaintained software where patchs are released by dev distro team, big changes between a current release and next release, big corporation piloted distro, waiting that rh release a security patches and then recompiled on centos, problem on new hardware, unable to install new software from source due to old libs get me bored, and frustated in the last year. I like flexibility and I noticed that centos chains my knowledge.

Today seems that RH Family is the standard and rh is more supported by software vendors. Considering 10 years of support, Selinux working out of the box, stability, enteprise class and free distro..user choose Centos with the perception that things work better because all is "followed" by a corporation. With this assumption users feel more secure and unfailing.

This is not necessarely true. I think that is the sysadmin that make things safer, secure and unfailing. Sure that a stable and reliable OS take his part but when big blue take this game I'm not so sure about centos future. What if someone will choose to drop centos project? Maybe this is premature but from this "Why not choose a stable and community piloted distro where user needs are first purpose?"

I used Debian in the past on several server for a big company without any problems but now are several years that I use centos on server and workstation and today I lost my debian knowledge about stability on server usage.

Why you choose debian on server? Where for you it is better than centos and other server distro?

Thanks in advance.
Alessandro.