Re: ext2 for /boot ???

Le 15/09/2018 à 00:45, Matthew Crews a écrit :
On Friday, September 14, 2018 10:58 AM, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

Actually you can have / including /boot on LUKS with GRUB. It is just
not natively supported by the Debian installer.

Oh really? I might need to look into that. Where can I learn more?

You must add GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y into /etc/default/grub before running grub-install and update-grub/grub-mkconfig.
Quote from https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub/grub.html :

‘GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK’

If set to ‘y’, grub-mkconfig and grub-install will check for encrypted disks and generate additional commands needed to access them during boot. Note that in this case unattended boot is not possible because GRUB will wait for passphrase to unlock encrypted container.