Re: ext2 for /boot ???

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 11:32:56PM -0400, Lee wrote:
Just out of curiosity - why would journaling be undesirable on a
partition that is almost never written to?

…I'm not sure what the answer to your question is, but with regards
/boot and filesystems: on one EFI host of mine, I had a lot of problems
with /boot/efi precisely because it couldn't be journalled (mandated to
be vfat) and I had filesystem issues with it after every unscheduled
power failure. I ended up bodging my system to mount it read-only by
default, and had to add some apt hooks to remount it writeable for a
selection of packages (e.g. new kernel, basically anything that might
trigger an initramfs rebuild)

Looking now it appears I reverted to legacy boot on this host and no
longer have a /boot/efi partition at all.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland