Re: do you find old firefox is better than new one?

Hi,

Am 2018-12-19 hackte Patrick Bartek in die Tasten:
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 11:17:53 +0200
> "Michelle Konzack" <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
>
>> You have not even tried v61 or higher (v64 now).
>>
>> I have deactivated autoupdate but it simply ignore it since v54.
>>
>> Also it try to enforce to activated DRM content and whenever a
>> website has this crap, I bet a yellow 100px high bar on the top
>> with the question if I want to activate it.
>
> That's a notification from Firefox that you're accessing a site that
> requires DRM. Since you have DRM turned off, you're going to get this
> notification.  You could disable ALL notifications. Or don't access
> sites that require DRM.
>
>> There is NO POSSIBILITY to deactivate DRM entirely including this
>> crappy yellow bar...
>
> See above

I have already searched for it and I can not find "drm" in "about:config"

>> Also my ThinkPad T400 has 4GByte of memory and 4GByte of Swap and
>> Firefox eat it in less the 24 hours by kicking other Applications.
>>
>> Also there is NO POSSIBILITY to limit th wbcache size...
>> Firefox 64 is eating currently 26GByte of my diskspace!
>
> Sure there is. Enter about:config in the address gadget and search for
> browser.cache.  Look for disk.capacity and change it.  There are other
> cbrowser.cache configs there, too.  Up to you to research them and
> make
> what changes you desire.
>
> Perhaps, about:config has a setting to disable your yellow bar
> notification. I haven't checked.

My settings are simply ignored!

My current version is "Firefox Quantum 64.0 (64-bit)"

--
Michelle Konzack
00372-54541400